I had such a fun evening exploring Gruene with Taylor, her sweet mama, her bestie and her cutie-pie pup, Baby, and these beautiful pictures are the result of her playful personality & our good time together. I will be accepting a few more senior sessions for April & May but my calendar is filling quickly so don’t miss out!!
BROWN-EYED GIRL PHOTOGRAPHY PHOTO SESSION & PRINT PRICING INFO…….
I offer two types of photo sessions….
- Mini-Session – $200 (A 30 minute photo session in one location within the Schertz, Cibolo, Garden Ridge, Bracken or New Braunfels areas in one outfit and 15 edited digital images delivered online)
- Full Photo Session – $150 sitting fee for weekdays, $175 for weekends & $200 for a newborn session. The sitting fee is for up to 2 hours of shooting time at the location or locations of your choice within the general San Antonio area, my travel to & from the shoot, outfit changes and 30-40 edited images presented in an online proofing gallery for you to choose from. Any prints or digital images purchased are additional and NOT included, see information below for print prices.
I do not offer newborn sessions as a mini session nor recommend a mini session for my seniors, please visit here for much more information on how my photo sessions work.
Once you’ve shot your session with me, your proofing gallery will be emailed to you usually within one to two weeks after shooting your session. I ask for all orders to be placed within a week and you may share your gallery with friends or family who might like to purchase prints themselves. They will have the option to have their order mailed directly to them if they live out of town. When it’s time to choose which images you’d like to purchase there are quite a few things to keep in mind. I have my prints printed by a professional printing company and the paper and technique they use is far beyond compare of the printing companies most use locally such as Walgreens, Wal Mart, etc. They use paper that is archival, acid-free and meant to last for years to come without fading or turning colors unlike regular printers and their systems are calibrated to produce the exact colors as my camera captured them unlike other printers. I’m all for making your own smaller prints to scrapbook and such but when it comes to photography you want to display in your home, enjoy on your desk or give as a gift, NOTHING can compare to the quality & beauty of professional prints! If you decide you would like to purchase additional prints after your proofing gallery has expired, you can do so as I keep the files to all of my client images for 2 years post-session and charge a $25 fee to reload your gallery online once it has expired.
- 8 wallet prints (all of same image, these are great for graduation announcements or thank you cards) – $15
- 48 wallet prints (sold in sets of 8 so you can choose up to 6 different images) – $75
- 4×6 print – $15
- 5×5 print – $20
- 5×7 print – $20
- 8×10 print – $30
- 8×12 print – $35
- 10×13 print – $45
- 10×10 print – $50
- 11×14 print – $55
- 12×12 print – $60
- 16×20 print – $85
Prints come on lustre paper but can also be printed on pearl and ultra matte paper as well, please specify this upon placing your order. All prints 10×13 or larger come with a protective coating free of charge and prints 16×20 or larger can be mounted on core board for an additional $10. If you need prints in a particular size that you don’t see here please let me know as I can order prints in other sizes.
Digital files of the images from your proofing session are also available for $500. You can use these files to make your own graduation announcements, save the date cards, invitations, etc. and images can be printed as well but again, I am not responsible for the outcome of printers that are not calibrated to match the output of my camera.
I also sell add-ons such as canvases, custom albums and custom designed paper products such as announcements and invitations. Information and pricing of these items are available upon request.
So you’re considering hiring me as your photographer but before you do so I’m sure you have a ton of questions you’d like answered and if this is the case, you’re at the right place! I’ll cover a few basic questions that most of my clients ask but feel free to contact me using the “contact” button above if you have any other questions.
- “Do you get to pick the location for your shoot or do I do that?” You choose your location or we can work together to decide on just the right location/locations for your shoot! The backdrop can add a lot of meaning and fun to your photos. While the images are focused on you, the backdrop of your location can add tons of texture, light, color & meaning to the pictures. I do not have an indoor studio so all of my sessions are done primarily outdoors utilizing natural light and settings as your backdrop. Normally my sessions are done in either an urban or natural location. NATURAL SPOTS are normally open fields, parks or treed areas where the focus is more on the subjects. The best time of day to shoot in fields is just before sunset so we can capture that lovely golden light. URBAN SPOTS are cool alleys, building and walls that can help add color, texture and variety to the images. Urban shoots can pretty much be done anytime of day as there are usually walls providing lots of shade on sunny days. For mini shoots, one location is allowed within the Schertz, Cibolo, Garden Ridge, Bracken or New Braunfels area but for full photo shoots, we can certainly change locations during your shoot and normally 3 different locations is the maximum we can do within the 2 hours of shooting time and keep in mind, the more time traveling to locations means less time taking pictures.
- “How do I choose what we wear? Are there no-no’s when it comes to choosing clothing for a photo shoot?” There really aren’t many rules when it comes to clothing for your photo shoot in my book. The important thing is that you’re comfortable and if there are several of you in the shoot, that what everyone is wearing is cohesive and no one stands out more than anyone else or clashes with others but let’s also be clear that doesn’t mean that everyone should match exactly! I normally recommend that you choose one or two colors that look nice on everyone, choose an outfit for one family member (maybe the one who has the fewest clothes) and then coordinate everyone else’s outfits around that one. I don’t recommend too much plaid or patterns although a bit of interest can be nice. Accessories can add a lot of interest to pictures as well such as scarves, hats, cute headbands, necklaces, etc. Pinterest is a great resource for gathering inspiration and ideas for your shoot when it comes to clothing ideas and poses. For my mini session, one outfit is allowed but for a full photo shoot, clients can change clothing 2-4 times but again, keep in mind, the more time spent changing means less time taking pictures.
- “Do I get to bring any props or do you provide all of that?” I have a nice collection of chairs, quilts, chalkboards, banners, accessories, etc. that clients are more than welcome to use but if you have things that coordinate nicely with the colors you’ll be wearing then by all means, bring them along! I love for my seniors to bring things that have meaning to them such as letterman jackets, class rings, musical instruments, favorite books or records, sports equipment or uniforms, etc.
- “What about kids” Any advice to help prepare them for the shoot?” If a newborn will be in the shoot, I recommend feeding them just prior to the session so they’re nice and satisfied and hopefully sleepy or “milk drunk” as I like to call it for the shoot and try to keep their routine as normal as possible that day. For instance, I don’t recommend scheduling their photo session on a day when they also had a Dr. appointment earlier that day. For toddlers or children, bring along snacks, a drink and an extra outfit if we’ll be somewhere they could possibly get dirty during your session just in case. You might bring along an incentive for them as well as a reward for their good behavior. Sometimes it’s nice to bring along an extra person to help carry things and to get the kids attention while taking pictures so everyone is looking in the same direction.
- “I’m not sure if a mini session or full photo session is right for me, what do you think?” I don’t recommend scheduling a mini session for a newborn or senior session. These are ones that typically take and require more time to get the shots needed but if you just need a few family shots, some new head shots for work, pictures for your college, sorority or work applications, pictures to announce a pregnancy or upcoming event or something of this nature, then a mini session might work out great for you. You can see my session pricing info in the menu bar above under “PRICING”. If you’d like more time spent on your session, you’d like to change outfits or locations, have more images to choose from, want to choose sessions outside of the local Schertz area and really want the full photo shoot experience, then the full photo session is right for you.
- “Ok Jana, so the date is set for my shoot with you and I’ve chosen my location, what I’m wearing and what type of session I’m needing to have done. Now what??” I’ll touch base w/you a day or two prior to your photo shoot just to make sure everything is still looking good for your shoot and to confirm our start time and location then we’ll meet up that day/time and start your shoot. We’ll explore the area you chose and find the spots with the best light and interest for pictures and we’ll keep shooting until we feel we’ve gotten enough shots to choose from and work with. Some full sessions are finished within an hour, others take the full two hours depending on whether outfits and locations were changed. Normally I’ll take around 150 shots at your session then go through them, edit the best of the best and then present them to you in an online gallery normally within a week to two weeks after shooting your session. Once your proofing gallery has been presented, I ask that all purchases be made within one week and you are more than welcome to share your proofing gallery with family who might also like to see your images and possibly purchase some prints of their own. There is a shopping cart attached to your proofing gallery which makes purchasing prints and digital images very easy and simple and out of town family or clients can have their print orders mailed directly to them. I accept cash, personal checks or debit/credit cards via PayPal.
- “It’s been a while and my proofing gallery has expired, can I still purchase prints from you?” YES! I keep all client images on file for two years.
- “I would like to shoot my photo session outside of the San Antonio area, do you travel to do photo shoots?” YES! I charge the basic IRS rate of .51 cents/mile for travel outside of the general San Antonio area and if a meal or overnight stay is required then those costs are charged to the client as well.
- “Do you offer a military or other type of discount?” No, I don’t as I feel my rates are already very reasonable for the quality of work I produce and experience you will have working with me.
- “How soon do you recommend I schedule my session with you?” I recommend getting you on my calendar as soon as you have a good idea of when you want to shoot your photo session. My weekends book up first and Feb-June and Sept-Dec. are very busy times of the year for me.
- “What happens if we have bad weather on the day my shoot is scheduled?” I will begin watching the weather forecast several days prior to your session and alert you ASAP if I think there might be a need to reschedule your shoot. At that point we can either wait until the day of your shoot to make the decision on whether or not to proceed or whether it’s best to reschedule. I will do everything I can to reschedule you on a day and time that works out great for you. Sometimes a cloudy overcast day provides lovely light for photo sessions so I normally don’t cancel shoots in those conditions however high winds and precipitation falling normally aren’t good conditions for a photo shoot.
- “Can I bring along my parents or additional people to be in the photo shoot?” When you pay my sitting fee, that is for up to 5 people in the shoot and I charge $25 extra per person above that number and I appreciate being notified prior to your session if extra people will be in or at your shoot so I can prepare.
- “What types of photo sessions do you offer?” Although I specialize in high school seniors and wedding photography, I do offer maternity, newborn and family photography as well as event photography such as family reunions or anniversary parties and outdoor head shots for professionals or models. I am also available for freelance work and have provided photography for many local businesses for use on their websites and promo materials and have also done work for Schertz Magazine as well as Where Women Create and Where Women Create Business magazines. I welcome all types of session inquiries to see if we’re a good fit. You can contact me using the contact button in the menu above or you can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
Package #1 – $2200
- engagement session with 2 – 8×10 prints
- bridal session with 1 – 11×14 print
- 6 hours of coverage on wedding day
- wedding day images delivered digitally on a USB in high resolution w/full printing rights
- $200 print credit to use towards additional professional prints
Package #2 – $2500
- everything above plus an additional 2 hours of wedding day coverage
Package #3 – $3000
- everything above plus all-day coverage of wedding day
- second photographer provided for 6 hours
Payment Schedule – A $500 retainer fee is due upon the booking of your wedding date and is applied towards the package price of your choice. Remaining amount due is divided in half with first half due one month before your wedding date and the remaining half due upon receipt of wedding images on USB which is typically 4-6 weeks after the wedding.
Prices are for weddings located within the San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos, Austin and surrounding Hill Country areas of San Antonio but Jana is available for travel outside of this area for an additional cost and is also available for travel to destination weddings both domestic & international.
I’m SO glad you’re interested in possibly booking your wedding photography with me and that you’re taking time to stop and look around my site! I am currently booking 2016 and 2017 weddings but the first step is making sure I have your wedding date open & available for you so leave me a comment using the “contact” button in the menu bar with the info you have available for your wedding day and then we can go from there. But in the meantime, here is a bit more about me and how I approach my weddings so you can get a feel for my style and approach to further make sure that we’re a good fit to spend time together on one of the most important days of your life……
I really love to work with my couples at least once prior to your wedding day and a great opportunity to do this is by taking some engagement pictures for you that you can use to announce your upcoming wedding, make adorable Save the Dates to send to your guests, display at your wedding reception or simply have for yourself. I can photograph your engagement session as soon as you’re ready to do so. There are really no rules on this……it’s all about you, when you’re ready, what time of year you’d like to shoot them and when you’ll be needing the images before your wedding day. I can shoot the session anywhere you’d like. It all depends on what sort of look you’re going for with your pictures….rustic, urban, simple, romantic, at-home, formal…..if you already have a wedding venue booked then sometimes that is a really great place to shoot your engagement or bridal sessions as well. I approach my sessions in a very fun and relaxed manner to put my clients at ease and let them know they can be themselves during your session which will ultimately produce images that are YOU. The cost of the engagement session ($400) is included in my wedding photography packages however if all you are needing is an engagement session then we can certainly do that too. If you are not needing this type of photography, then we can modify the wedding package you choose to fit your exact needs.
Bridal portraits are one of my VERY favorite types of photography and having your bridals done is a great opportunity for you to put on your wedding dress & accessories and have your hair & makeup done prior to your wedding so you can make sure everything looks exactly as you want it to for your big day. Bridal portraits are normally done a few months before the wedding or as soon as you have your dress and are ready to proceed and again, we can shoot your bridals at the location of your choice. I’ve done them in fields, museums, Gruene, at the wedding venue, barns, etc. The sky is the limit and again, determining locations depends everything on what sort of look you’re aiming for. If you have no idea or direction on this yet then I like to direct my brides to Pinterest where you can create idea/inspiration boards on every aspect of your wedding and keep them private so no one else can see them except for you and whomever you’d like to share the pictures with. Pinterest is a great way for us to share ideas and make sure we’re on the same page for exactly what you’re wanting. The bridal session ($400) is included in my wedding photography packages or it can be deducted off any package price if you are not needing bridals done.
It’s your big day, one of THE most important days of your life, and your photographer is one of the people you’ll be around the most so it’s important to surround yourself with people you feel relaxed and at ease with. I will be there by your side to laugh with you, cry with you, make your day run smoothly and most importantly, document your day from the moment I arrive to the time I leave in the least invasive way possible. I photograph and present my wedding images in a photojournalistic manner which means they will tell the story of your day in order from beginning to the end and along with the “formal” pictures there will be plenty of informal shots of emotions, moments in time, details of the day, spontaneous laughter or tears of joy and most importantly, love. A spontaneous kiss on the shoulder……a hug from your beloved grandmother…….your little nieces & nephews dancing and having the time of their lives at your reception…..the wedding party breaking out into song & laughter on the dance floor……these are the moments I am there to capture for you as well. I work with my couples before the wedding day to do everything I can to make sure we are on the same page and that I know exactly what you’re wanting from me by the time the big day rolls around so that all you have to do is hopefully relax, enjoy the day and live in the moment knowing the photography is one less thing you have to worry about. If you would also like a second photographer there to help capture your wedding day, that is something we can discuss and one is provided with my wedding package #3 although the other packages can be modified to include a second shooter as well.
My 2016 Wedding Photography Packages can be found HERE. As I’ve mentioned, each package can be customized to fit your exact needs so please let me know if you have any questions. I accept cash, personal checks or you can use your debit or credit card to make payments via PayPal. This is just a small sampling of my work, you can see much more by viewing my various galleries found in the menu bar above, on my blog or on my Facebook page. I would also love to meet up with you in person to chat about your special day over a cup of coffee or tea and I can bring a print portfolio for you to browse through as well. If you’d like to meet in person or just simply need some more info, you can reach me by using the contact button above, emailing me directly at email@example.com or calling/texting me at (210)363-1991 and either way, I promise to get back to you ASAP. I look forward to hearing from you! XOXO, Jana
Creative soul. Truck driving girl. Theater techie. Quirky movie fan. Hair dye expert. Lover of music and musicians. Future TXST Bobcat. One of my son’s best friends & my next door neighbor for 14 years…….this is Alaina.